Sunday, September 09, 2007




Yes, That's Nathan Kamp On My Covers!
I'll own up to knowing the names of a couple romance cover models over the years--aside from the iconic Fabio, Rob Ashton and John DeSalvo come to mind. I have no idea how this happens, but somehow I think if you read enough books you're bound to pick up one or two along the way. I'd never sought out the name of a cover model before, until Nathan Kamp--specifically Kinley MacGregor's SWORD OF DARKNESS.

And then I started to notice him . . . everywhere. And not just on romance covers. He also popped up in some catalogs I get at my house like Champion and Gorsuch.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my fascination. "Stacy" on Amazon has an entire list devoted to Nathan Kamp covers. Many readers have written and mentioned him by name on my covers. I've even heard a couple people say that they'll buy any book with him on the cover. I've probably been guilty of that once or twice without even realizing it.
My current favorite NK cover is Jo Goodman's IF HIS KISS IS WICKED, but I also love Jackie Ivie's TENDER IS THE KNIGHT.

What about you . . . do you know any cover models by name? Any that make you pick up a book? What is your favorite NK cover?