Friday, December 21, 2007

2007 Movies

When my husband and I have a free night (and child care), we usually head to the movies. There's just something about going to the theater that I love. For my husband, it's definitely the popcorn. For me, I think it's the big screen. When we watch movies at home, I'm usually doing something else so I probably don't focus in the same way that I do at the dark movie theater. There's also something about sitting in a full theater to see a new release. I love going to "big" openings. When I was younger it was Star Wars, and later the Lord of the Rings. The two last LOTR movies opening on my birthday and guess who was at midnight showings of both. :)

Somehow, even through the baby years, we manage to see quite a few movies in the theater every year. I wish I could remember them all. I think in 2008, I might start to keep track of them so I can see just how much money I'm giving AMC or Century Theaters--or maybe I don't want to know.

In the last couple of weeks we've seen Atonement (very good), Beowulf (pretty good) and Enchanted (very cute). We'll probably go see the Golden Compass this weekend and then be back at the theater of Christmas day to see The Water Horse.

My favorite of the year BY FAR is INTO THE WILD. I just loved that movie. I'm psyched to see it was nominated for a bunch of Actor's Guild awards after being unaccountably shut out by the Golden Globes. A close second is EASTERN PROMISES (and not just because it has Viggo.) I also loved 300 (and that probably was because of Gerry! :))

Do you like to go to the theater to see the new releases? What is your favorite movie of the year so far?