Friday, February 08, 2008

He's Everywhere!

Not only is Nathan Kamp gracing just about every other romance novel (not that I'm complaining, mind you), but he's also popping up in my home catalogs. So there I am the other night flipping through the Pendleton catalog and wham, there he is. Does this man ever take a rest?

If you read a lot of romance as I do, you can't help but become familiar with some of the more common cover models. Most of the time, I don't find them all that attractive. Nathan, however, is the exception. When I started thinking about covers for my first series, I kept thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if I ended up with him? Too embarrassed to lobby for something like that, I still remember opening up the package with the picture of my covers for the first time and seeing his face (okay, partial face). I was over the moon.

Does he help sell books? I don't know, but it sure can't hurt. :) Have you ever bought a book based on the cover model? Do you even notice the cover model?