Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A special Opportunity for Readers of my Blog!


I'm raring up for the release of HIGHLAND WARRIOR next Tuesday and want to give one of you an opportunity to be the "first on the block" to read it, LOL.  I'll pick one name from the comments on this blog between now and Wednesday the 22nd at midnight PST to receive a hot-off-the-presses signed copy of Highland Warrior. 

So here's what I'm wondering...

I was talking to one of my CPs the other day and we were trying to figure out what it is that draws readers to Scottish romance.  Is it the history?  The gorgeous setting?  The Alpha/warrior heroes?  Or something else?

I was thinking about some of my favorite Scottish authors and I realized I pick up different authors for different reasons.  One of my all time favorites is Kathleen Givens--I love her for the history.  But I also loved Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series and that is definitely because of the sexy, Alpha heroes.  

What Scottish authors do you read (if any) and what draws you to their stories?