Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back from Conference!
(With blog friends Natalie and "Natalie's Mom," aka Lyne, LOL, at the Literacy Signing)

D.C. was a blast, but I'm paying for it now.  I'm still trying to dig out, and (sigh!) it's almost the weekend.  But it was great--definitely worth the time and cost involved.  Not only did my friend Veronica and I score an AMAZING suite for the cost of a single (a long story--see pics below), I wined and dined with my friends, other authors, and my editor and agent.  

It's hard to qualify the conference experience--or put a finger on exactly what makes it "worth it."  There are so many intangibles--whether it's an elevator ride with a famous author (SEP...eek!), networking with the bigwigs at the publisher, listening to industry workshops, or meeting the kindle guy at Amazon and having him ask me what I'd change (how cool is that?).

I had too many highlights to regale you with them all, but I want to thank all of you who came up and introduced yourselves.  I mentioned to PJ that we might have to do a coffee next year, so stay posted!

I'm trying to decide what movie to see this weekend.  Have any of you seen the new HP yet? Gerard Butler's new movie also comes out tomorrow, so that might be hard to resist...