Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mini-Break


Other than a last minute, late summer trip to Tahoe this summer, we pretty much stayed put. But this weekend we'll be taking a little "mini-break" and heading down to the world's happiest place, a.k.a. Disneyland.

If you'd told me before I had kids that I'd be going to Disneyland multiple times a year, I would have said, "You're nuts!" Sigh, what a difference a couple of little ones can make. We've been taking the kids to Disneyland since they were toddlers (my daughter was only 6 months!)--mostly because we were down there so much when my hubby was playing baseball. He mostly played for American League teams and Anaheim is a quick trip form Nor Cal. Most of the past 10 years we've been annual passholders. Not sure whether I should be proud of that or not? :)

The kids are ride fans so Disneyland (where you can go back and forth between the parks easily) is more enjoyable for them than Disneyworld (where everything is spread out). Both kids love the "thrill" rides: California Screamer, Grizzly Run, and Tower of Terror. I like those, too, but I think my favorite is Soarin' Over California.

As a funny aside: I'm deep into book #2 now with my "SEAL"/seafarer and I can't even tell you how many times I've wanted to use the rollercoaster analogy for all those wild rides on the boat, LOL.

So what about you...have a favorite amusement park? Ever been to Disney? Do you like roller-coasters?