Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Favorite Thanksgiving Food

Okay, so admittedly, dungeness crab probably isn't on the top of your traditional Thanksgiving meal list, but it is on mine. I live in the San Francisco bay area and the dungeness crab season just happens to hit full throttle right around Turkey day. Since I was little, there have been many Thanksgivings where my dad has gone across the bridge to Fisherman's warf and picked up fresh crab for us to enjoy at lunch on Thanksgiving. It's followed by a typical Thanksgiving dinner, but the crab has always been the best part for me. Only in California, right? LOL.

But seriously, when I was trying to come up with my favorite Thanksgiving food it was either crab or brussel sprouts. I'm a weirdo, I know. It drives my family (i.e. husband) crazy that I don't love Thanksgiving dinner. I could seriously do with just the crab and sourdough bread.

So what about you...
Do you have a favorite thing you cook/like to eat for Thanksgiving? (Traditional or untraditional?) What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?