Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Latest (Slightly Unhealthy) Obsession

Move over Gerry, there's a new sheriff in town and his name is Andy Whitfield (insert sigh here). The yummy Welsh born actor plays the lead role in Starz's new series: Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Even beyond the obvious beefcake eye-candy factor, it's a fantastic show. Both my husband and my current favorite on TV as a matter of fact, well above #2 Lost.

Here's a preview of the series:


Basically, if you liked the movie 300 or Gladiator this one is for you. I was able to get Starz for free for 12 weeks from my satellite service, so check your area, it's well worth it. I think you can watch the first couple of episodes online. If you don't love the first episode stick with it--the series really starts to pick up after that.

I know, I know, there is something pathetic about a 42 year old happily married mother of two acting like a teenager. My only excuse is I'm always looking for inspiration for my heroes. And you won't be surprised to know that Mr. Whitfield is definitely doing that.

With THE CHIEF coming out next tuesday (can you believe it!), I thought I'd let you guys see if you can guess what member of the Highland Guard is going to look an awful lot like a certain Welsh actor, LOL. The funny thing is my critique partner Jami Alden who also watches the show thought exactly the same thing. Here's a hint: it's not Tor MacLeod.

The first person who figures it out and posts it in the comment section will win a very cool, eco-friendly, custom "Highland Guard" Sigg water bottle. It's super cute--if I get a chance I'll post a picture.

Until then, who's your star crush?